Friday, June 19, 2015

1 Act 1 Scene Play

         Underestimated

Crystal, 28 works in an office building in the city near her apartment and a park. She has a black dog named Lance. She goes to the gym every morning. There is co-worker she doesn’t like but he keeps stalking her. She acts like her head is in the clouds but in reality she is very strong and level minded.
Eric, 33 works with crystal in a different department. He does a lot of work with her though. He lives on the other side of the city and likes to watch crystal but doesn’t know much about her. He can get aggressive but doesn’t show it much. He is a very stubborn person.
Setting – The park near the building where Eric and Crystal work.


Crystal: OK Lance today we’re going to have a nice day in the park. Today is such a nice day. It’s                    warm with a wonderful breeze.
Eric: hey Crystal! (Heavy breathing from running) Isn’t today such a nice day.
Crystal: yes it is. Did you just go for a run?
Eric: No I was running to come see you. I wanted to ask you something.
Crystal: Ok?
Eric: would you like to go on a date with me?
Crystal: I am sorry but no.
Eric: why not?
Crystal: Because I only see you as a co-worker and a friend.
Eric: But I have mustered up all this courage to ask you out.
Crystal: I’m sorry but personally I don’t see you that way.
Eric: Well I won’t take that I will have a date with you!
Crystal: I already said no
Eric: To bad, I will drag you if I have to!
Crystal: What does that mean?
Eric: Come with me! (Grabs her by the arm and pulls her)
Crystal: I already said no! (Not struggling much)
Eric: Yes you will! (Dog starts barking in background)
Crystal: I SAID NO! (Pulls away roughly)
Eric: Why do you resist, you know you want me
Crystal: EWWWW no I don’t
Eric: Yes you do
Crystal: No I don’t (pulls away again and his arm comes off too)
Eric: AAAAAAAA MY ARM. WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!
Crystal: Well you tried to pull me. I don’t like that.
Eric: But you don’t pull someone’s arm off when trying to shake them off
Crystal: Well sorry but I didn’t have any choice you wouldn’t let go
Eric: Weren’t you just some weak girl like everyone else?
Crystal: DON’T YOU EVER UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL. I work out every morning and an a lot                     stronger then I might seem
Eric: Yea no shit!
Crystal: Maybe we should get you to a hospital
Eric: Yea (passes out, ambulance has arrived)

Scene Ends

No comments:

Post a Comment